The First Couple Days...

Day 1

As I boarded my flight from RDU to CLT I realized how long a month actually is. During my flight I felt a mix of emotions. I was excited to spend a month in a beautiful country doing something I love, but I knew I would miss my family and friends. I have been on long trips before, but with my family or friends. I am excited to be on a trip with people I do not really know. I hope to get to know everyone on the trip well and learn how to be a better teacher from each of them.

Day 2

I was so excited for our first day in Belize. I wanted to explore the island and learn how to get around. I woke up earlier than normal, probably due to the time change, and went for a run. I ran to the resort we have access to so I could make sure I knew how to get there, both on the road and beach side. I ran by the private school that Dr. Catapano showed us when we first arrived and I ran by the closest grocery/convenience store so I know how to get there when I need to. After my run I had a good idea of where everything was, but I knew I was still going to get a little lost every so often.

I spent the morning by the pool, reading my book and realizing how hot it can get in Belize. The temperature claimed to be 81 around 10am, but it felt like it was in the 90s. I enjoyed walking up to the resort in the afternoon and meeting Peter, the owner of the hotel we are staying at and the owner of the resort. It was a perfect first day in Belize and it made me excited for the rest of the month. I can not wait to explore more of this beautiful place.

Day 3

Today is day 3 and we started our work at the Ministry of Education. We set up our "mock classroom" and talked about our plan for the following days. The students will come in and we will work on creative writing with each class. The teachers will come in with their students and observe our hands-on teaching styles. We hope that they will use what they observe in their classrooms going forward. I am interested and excited to see how our first day will go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3

Week 1